This is the easiest raw vegan shortbread cookie recipe ever, plus it’s really good for you! Made with simple main ingredients such as macadamia nuts, almonds and dates, this cookie is sure to satisfy anyone’s cookie craving.
I eat these by themselves all the time but when I started thinking outside the box I realized I could make little cookie dough balls throw them in my cashew ice cream with some cacao nibs and I have a chocolate chip cookie dough milkshake! Then I thought to make a cookie dough ice cream pie with chocolate drizzle. You could also make ice cream sandwiches or drizzle chocolate on top. There is so much you can do with these simple delicious cookies!
I made this recipe when I started to feel symptoms of a cold. I knew my sugar, gluten and wine consumption would eventually lead to problems. So I set out to make a sugar free, gluten free cookie that still tastes amazing and doesn’t hurt me in the long run. My simple healthy pleasures at the moment are these cookies and immunity boosting tea! I bring them both to work with me in the morning and I might grab seconds for dessert. Oh how I love simple delicious raw food.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3-4 dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp maca root powder
- 1/2 tsp mesquite
- Process macadamia nuts until fine and just before it starts to turn to butter.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and process again until it resembles cookie dough. DOn't over process and make nut butter.
- Shape the cookies by either pressing into balls with you hands, using a cookie press, or using cookie cutters.
- Freeze for 20 minutes and refrigerate for the rest of their short life.
- Brazil Nuts are a great substitute in this recipe.
- You can make your own almond meal by processing almonds for about a minute or so.