Crunchy raw vegan popcorn cauliflower mixed with raw vegan BBQ sauce and added to a wrap with cabbage and carrots.
Adding cabbage and carrots to the wrap makes it taste as if coleslaw has been perfectly intertwined, and we all know coleslaw is delicious with BBQ! Or you could actually make a raw vegan coleslaw to add to the wrap or as a side dish. Yum!
Any wrap can be used, collard greens, brown rice, whole wheat, sprouted grain Ezekial, etc.
Since everything else is raw vegan I like to splurge on the white flour wraps every now and then. I like whole wheat too, but I really prefer the texture of white flour wraps better. I just make sure it’s only the basic ingredients, no funky additives.
Sometimes I’ll use a collard green either by itself or wrapped within the flour tortilla. Go with what you like and switch it up if you find yourself eating it too often.
All you have to do is mix your popcorn cauliflower with your sauce of choice and wrap it with some shredded veggies.
This is an extension to the raw vegan popcorn cauliflower, with buffalo and bbq dipping sauce, I made last week. They are just as yummy to snack on as they are in a wrap, we’re just turning a snack into a meal.
The buffalo sauce is also just as good in the wrap as the bbq sauce, it just depends on your preference. I hope you enjoy!!
- 6 cups cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika optional
- Soak the buckwheat groats for 1-2 hours, or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Rinse and drain in a strainer, and either use right away or leave out to let sprout by rinsing and draining every 8 hours or so.
- Cut or pull apart the cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- Put the buckwheat water and spices in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the buckwheat batter onto the cauliflower and stir.
- Dehydrate on a dehydrator sheet at 165°F for 1-2 hours.
- Turn down the heat to 115°F and check for preferred doneness periodically up to 8 hours.
BBQ Popcorn Cauliflower Wraps
- 1 wrap
- 1/2 cup popcorn cauliflower
- 1/8 cup bbq sauce
- 1/8 cup carrot; shredded
- 1/8 cup cabbage; sliced thin
- Make popcorn cauliflower and bbq sauce ahead of time.
- Mix the popcorn cauliflower and bbq sauce together.
- Cut your veggies.
- Wrap it all up in your wrap of choice.
Tomato Based Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 2 fresh heirloom tomatoes; roughly chopped
- 2 medium onions; 1/2 diced the rest roughly chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes; soaked & roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup tamarind and/or dates; de-pitted
- 5 cloves garlic; 1 minced
- 1 jalapeño; de-seeded
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/8 cup chili powder
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- Add water, sun-dried tomatoes, jalapeño, dates and/or tamarind to high speed blender or food processor.
- Blend until it forms a smooth paste, add more water if needed.
- Add grapeseed oil to large pot and turn burner onto medium high.
- Add in the garlic and onion, then turn down to medium low.
- Add tomato paste from blender.
- Add coconut sugar and molasses and stir well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor and process until completely mixed down.
- Add everything to the saucepan and stir together well.
- Let simmer on Medium low until the sauce is to your desired thickness.