No-bake protein packed superfood bars, made from a mix of berries, nuts and seeds such as golden berries, goji berries, pomegranate seeds, cranberries, mulberries, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds. Processed together, they create a thick and chewy energy bar!
N0-bake raw vegan bars are the perfect on-the-go snack and take only 10 minutes to make!
Any nut, seed, and dried fruit can be processed together into a chunky granola bar, or processed even longer for a smooth and chewy bar similar to the clif bars. And for extra benefits add in maca root powder, or mesquite powder.
Maca root is an ingredient that can help you replace caffeine because it provides an energy boost! Read all about the benefits of maca and you’ll know why it is such a crucial ingredient! Although too much of a good thing is never good idea, don’t worry maca is not addictive like caffeine.
- Muscle building (Black Maca)
- Increasing energy
- Increasing stamina
- Boosting libido (Red Maca)
- Enhancing fertility (Red Maca)
- Hair growth
- Improving skin tone
- Enhancing curves
- Balancing hormones during menopause (Red Maca)
- Preventing Osteoperosis
- Supporting Thyroid health
- Enhancing mental focus and clarity
- Reducing depression
source: The Maca Team
All you have to do is blend and refrigerate. You can use a food processor or a vitamix, the vitamix is tricky because you don’t want to end up making nut, seed and berry butter. These pictures illustrate just how powerful the vitamix is, my dough is almost on the verge of being too processed.
A food processor will most likely result in a chunkier bar, but if you have sharp blades and you keep processing, a smooth soft and chewy bar can be achieved.
Once the dough is your preferred texture, pat the dough down, pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes and enjoy. 🙂
Chewy Berry Nut & Seed Bars
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup superfood berry mix*
- 4 juicy dates; soaked if needed
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1/2 tbsp mesquite powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor or vitamix until it is well blended.
- Pat the dough down with your fingers and use a spoon to smooth the top. I the mixture sticks to the spoon, clean the spoon with a wet towel.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.