This cashew cheese is fluffy and airy, yet heavy, creamy and full of flavor, it is the perfect combination of textures. You can shape it in a bowl, or you can whip it like a dip. You could also make a cheese log and sprinkle crushed nuts on top.
Anything you can do with regular cream cheese you can do with this cultured cream cheese. To learn more about how to make the fermented cheese base please check out the cultured cashew cream cheese base!
Cultured Cashew Cream Cheese can have many different flavors, a little bit of shallot, freshly cracked pepper, cayenne and you have a killer cheese spread.
Or you could go a different route by adding walnuts or pecans, cranberries or figs and a little bit of maple syrup. Any kind of cream cheese you desire can be recreated with simple fresh ingredients.
I want to show you my favorite spiced shallot cream cheese recipe that is simple to whip together. Throw your favorite crackers in a bowl and watch your guests eyes light up when you tell them how you made this gourmet cheese!!
Cultured Cashew Cream Cheese - Spicy Shallot
- 2 cups cultured cashew cream cheese base*
- 1/4 cup shallots; diced
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp peppercorn; freshly cracked
- Dice your shallots, add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Line the inside of a bowl with plastic wrap.
- Pour in the cheese and smooth it out.
- Freeze for 1 hour until it sets up.
- Put the bowl face down on a plate and unwrap the cheese.
Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 2 months. Adapted from Cultured Cashew Cream Cheese Base