A simple stuffed pepper filled with a cucumber radish salad and topped with raw vegan nacho cashew cheese. Together they create a harmonious texture and taste that is sweet, spicy and herbaceous.
These raw vegan stuffed peppers are the perfect simple lunches, one that you can take with you to work, and one that you don’t need to warm up.
The filling is cucumbers, radish, garlic ramps, cherry or grape tomatoes, cilantro, and red onion, it only takes minutes to prepare, as all we are doing is shredding and chopping.
The component that brings everything together and completes the meal is the raw vegan nacho cashew cheese. The main ingredients are red bell peppers, cashews, tomatoes and nutritional yeast. So I thought, perfect, I can use the bell pepper tops in the nacho cashew cheese!
I use this cheese for my favorite chips in the world, Kale Chips!! They are the perfect side to any salad, I use the leftover crumbs as salad “cheese crumbles” so good!
So if you make a full batch of cheese like the recipe on the kale chips page, you would have enough cheese for a half batch of kale chips and 5 stuffed peppers.
To make the cheese a bit more flavorful I used tomatoes in place of water, either way this nacho cheese is delicious!
I really like to bite into these like an apple, I’ll get cheese all over my face but I don’t mind. 😉 I eat raw peppers like apples all the time, but to have them filled with goodies is a dream come true, it’s safe to say this is my new favorite lunch.
You could also dehydrate the peppers for a couple of hours, or until they resemble cooked peppers, it’s all up to you. It’s also amazing to add my raw vegan taco meat or rice, yum!
Raw Vegan Stuffed Peppers
- 5 small sweet bell peppers
Cucumber Radish Salad
- 1 cup cucumbers diced
- 1 cup radish; shredded
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 garlic ramp
- salt and pepper to taste
Nacho Cashew Cheese
- 1 cup cashews; soaked
- 5 small red bell pepper tops
- 1/4 to matoes
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon; juiced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Soak cashews for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cup off the tops of the bell peppers and scrape out the seeds.
- Prep and cut all veggies, mix them all together in a bowl and set aside.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews, blend them by themselves in a blender or food processor. Scrape the blender walls periodically.
- Add in the bell pepper, garlic, onion and lemon juice, and blend again until fine.
- Scrape the walls down again, add in the tomato or 1/4 cup of water, and the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth adding more water if necessary.
- Stuff the cucumber radish salad into the bell peppers and add a scoop of nacho cashew