The last post in this jackfruit series is what I like to call jackfruit nuggets, they remind me of a breaded chicken nugget! It’s chewy and meaty on the inside with a nice crispy breading on the outside. Then dip it in your favorite sauce and it’s a perfect vegan meat substitute!
In this recipe I used the abundance of fruit pods I had leftover from the first two jackfruit recipes.
This is a really simple recipe, we are basically just breading the jackfruit’s fruit pods, baking them for 30-40 minutes and smothering and/or dipping into our favorite sauce. I will give you a great basic gluten free breading and a vegan binding solution.
If you haven’t already, check out the first post in this jackfruit series on everything you need to know about a jackfruit before buying and preparing one.
Breaded Jackfruit Nuggets
Vegan Egg-less Binder
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/8 cup water
- -Let this mixture sit for about 3 minutes or until it resembles egg white's consistency.
- 1 cup oat flour; oats processed in food processor
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds; ground in spice grinder
- 1/4 cup almond flour; or millet flour
- a pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F
- After you are done grinding the sunflower seeds into a flour and processing the oats into flour, combine all the ingredients for the breading in a bowl and mix well.
- Dunk the jackfruit into the flax seed binder then into the breading mixture and place them on a baking pan.
- Bake them for about 35 minutes or until the breading is crispy.
- Dunk them in your favorite sauce or in the sauces we made in the previous jackfruit recipes.
The BBQ is made with a base of tomatoes, dates and spices; it is also blended all together, and super simple to make.
[yumprint-recipe id=’102′] [yumprint-recipe id=’103′]
Enjoy your jackfruit!!