Smooth, creamy, melt in your mouth peanut butter morsels perfect for raw vegan cookies, muffins, bars or plain by themselves!
This is another simple vegan recipe made from wholesome ingredients coconut oil, coconut flour, dates, and peanut butter of course!
These peanut butter morsels remind me of those soft little caramel squares, except they don’t get stuck in my teeth and they taste like peanut butter!
All you have to do is mix everything together, pat it down, put it in the freezer for 30 minutes or until hard and cut them into little squares. Too easy.
For a completely raw vegan snack, use jungle peanuts, I used roasted peanuts because they taste amazing.
If you choose to make your own peanut butter from whole peanuts, expect to blend or process for about 5-10 minutes depending on which tool you’re using. he vitamix takes about 4 minutes or less, and my blender with serrated blades takes about 8 minutes. The ninja food processor below won’t work, the blades aren’t sharp enough.
For breakfast this morning I mixed these peanut morsels with some fresh strawberries and ate it like candy. Oh my yum, it was so good!!
I made these because I wanted to recreate my favorite sweet and salty mojo clif bars. If you have ever had those you know those peanut butter chips melt in your mouth. That’s exactly what these peanut butter squares do, except with no refined sugar, just dates!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup dates + 1 tbsp water
- Blend dates with water to make a date paste.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients together.
- Pat down evenly in a 6x8in glass dish.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or until hard.
- Cut into tiny squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or in a cool dark place for up to 2 weeks. Or freeze for an indefinite amount of time.
- Use jungle peanut for a truly raw vegan snack.