I am proud to bring you this raw vegan blueberry vanilla ice cream with a base of avocados and cashews! This ice cream is ridiculously rich and creamy, completely dairy-free and refined sugar-free. Now we can all scream for ice cream! Hurray 😛
Raw vegan ice cream is extremely easy to make, it only requires 6 basic ingredients; cashews, avocados, non-dairy milk, coconut nectar, vanilla, and salt. You can add any kind of fruit you’d like, I just happened to have some dried blueberries on hand, or you can leave it plain vanilla.
There is something so satisfying about eating a completely healthy ice cream! I even eat it for breakfast sometimes because, why not?! I like to amp it up with a few berries on top, like black raspberries, strawberries, or even more blueberries, and maybe even some chia seeds, and pecans…omg I’m drooling.
No Ice Cream Maker Necessary
The best tip I can give you is to keep it moving. If you want your ice cream to harden faster and be extra creamy, all you have to do is mix it around every 30 minutes- 1 hour for about 4-6 hours, and it’s ready to eat. The more you mix it, the less likely it will turn into a solid rock. After it’s been stored in the freezer for more than 6 hours, just let it sit out and thaw for about 10-20 minutes or until it softens.
I had some blueberries that I had dried from the previous week, so I decided to rehydrate them with some water and blend them into a jam. After I mixed the cream by itself a few times and it started to harden on the outside, I poured the blueberry mixture on top and swirled it in lightly.
Avocados are the greatest at creating a creamy texture, that’s why I also use it in my chocolate avocado cream pie, yum! Avocados paired with cashews make a seriously realistic cream; great for cheesecakes, pudding, milkshakes and of course ice cream!
Hope you like it, let me know what you think down below! 🙂
Raw Vegan Blueberry Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 cups cashews; soaked
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup non dairy milk; ex. coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/8 cup water
- Soak the cashews and blueberries separately for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the cashews and blend until smooth, stirring and adding a little coconut milk at a time. Only use a 1/2 cup in this phase.
- Add in the avocados, coconut nectar, vanilla, and salt,
- Blend; adding in the rest of the coconut milk, a little bit at a time.
- Add the cream to a shallow glass dish, cover, and freeze.
- Mix the ice cream every 30 minutes or so in the beginning to imitate an ice cream maker.
- Blend the blueberries and water separately, add it on top of the cream once it has hardened a bit, and lightly swirl it into the cream.
Ice cream should be ready within 6 hours.
I recommend a high speed blender, especially the vitamix for the silkiest cream. However, when I was vitamix-less I would use my Black & Decker food processor with serrated blades or my little hamilton beach blender, not vitamix quality but they still worked pretty well.
BEAUTIFUL photos! I can’t get over how creamy the ice cream is made from cashews + avocados! 😀
Thank you Sarah! I know right?!? Cashews + Avocados = Heaven 😉
Pingback: 38 Blueberry Muffins, Pies, Smoothies & More | Paleo Grubs
Pingback: 50 Creative Ways to Use Cashews with the Paleo Diet
Pingback: 37 Soul-Satisfying Vanilla Paleo Desserts – prmusicmanagementblog
Pingback: 37 Soul-Satisfying Vanilla Paleo Desserts | Full2thin